Hail to the Thief review by Radiohead

• Released: May 26, 2003
Radiohead: Hail to the Thief

Hail To The Theif is Radioheads 6th album and was released in July 2003. They have gone back to using more normal song structures and using more guitar than during the last two albums, Kid A and Amnesiac, but they still have the electronic, unusual time signatures. It is my personal favourite Radiohead and is one of their most under rated. The electronic sounds of Myxomatosis and A Wolf At The Door sound great next to the more guitar based tracks such as There There and Go To Sleep.

The lyrics during this album aren't the best ones that Thom Yorke has ever some up with, but they are still great, mysteriously vague, scary and sometimes even witty. Thom Yorke has always been a great singer, and he, as ever, sings brillianty on this album. Although it's sometimes hard to make out what he is saying, that just seems to make it better somehow.

As I have said, this is my favourite Radiohead album, it's a perfect fusion between The Bends and OK Computer and more recent electronic stuff like Kid A and Amnesiac. My favourite songs from the album are 2+2=5, There There, A Wolf At The Door, The Gloaming and Myxomatosis. If don't have this album, buy it! Even if you don't really like them, I bought this after a freind recommended it and it got me into Radiohead, before I had only really heard Karma Police which I thought was a bit boring, but this album opened my eyes to the genius that it Radiohead.

burndttoast
    Coldplay isn't very much similar to Radiohead. I guess a few piano songs here and there, but that's it. But I guess if you compared them with Radiohead just for the music, Coldplay has nothing on them.
    Draft Morning
    This is a great-sounding album, production wise. Some of the songs just lack the energy or surprise of earlier RHead. They sound pretty sluggish on here at times, and bored. You can just feel the left over tension from the Kid A days. This album is the sound of a band content to no longer be "the next big thing" in rock. That said, there are some great tunes on here, my fave being 'Go To Sleep'.