In Rainbows review by Radiohead

• Released: Oct 10, 2007
Radiohead: In Rainbows

I(and perhaps millions of other people) have been waiting for this moment for almost 3 years. I Couldn't really believe what was happening when they said that the album was finished. I knew it would be a great album. Radiohead have never made a bad album. But this one is just perfect. Their sound had slightly changed, they got some distortion on the drums on the opening track:"15 Step"that reminds me of Idioteque. Thom's voice is still great. Jonny is still rocking on his tele and everything is just perfect! This album really is a kind of mix between Kid A and HTTT. You can also hear that they have changed the songs(guitarparts, drums), they are not exactly the same as the live versions.

The reason that I love Radiohead is because of Thoms songwriting skills. also on this album you can hear that he still got that talent. I never cried in songs before, but when I listened to the lyrics of Arpeggi I just had to. And than I realized that this is just the best band in the world. Thom is a genious! It sounds perfect, everything.

As I told you before, this album is a kind of mix between the electronic Kid A and the more alternative Hail to the Thief. I think it is almost a new genre, I have never heard a kind of style like this. 15 step starts of with a cool breakbeat, bodysnatchers sounds like a rock version of Planet Telex, Nude is a real radiohead classic, only radiohead can do something like this. I mean, the most bands these days, they make an album with 2/3 cool songs and 8 crap songs. Radiohead did it again! 10 songs, 10 Great songs, 10 songs you'll never forget.