In Rainbows review by Radiohead

• Released: Oct 10, 2007
Radiohead: In Rainbows

This album has not been released yet for purchase in CD at stores, but Rolling Stone as well as millions of fans see it as a legitimate album, so I thought I would do a review of it. As with other Radiohead's music, this album took me a while to warm up to. It's by no means a catchy pop rock record, it takes some time to absorb and appreciate and love. Yorke's voice seems subdued to me on many of the tracks as if it's hidden behind the instruments as compared to his earlier stuff like OK Computer. The guitar also sounds subtler in the mixing, and the beats have become more prominent.

I have trouble hearing Yorkes voice and understanding what he says a lot of the time, but the words I do hear (I don't quite know the meaning of them), fit very well with the music. For me, it's less about what the lyrics mean as how do the lyrics sound with the music. House of cards is one of those that fits very well with the surrounding music.

I still think OK Computer blows this album away, but then again I prefer guitar-driven rock. My favorites on the album are probably 15 Step, Bodysnatchers, Reckoner, House of Cards, and Videotape. On a whole, this record is much softer and more laid back than others. "Chill out" album is the simplest way to put it which was a little dissapointing at first (I expected heavier) but once you expect that, it's a great record. I purchased this online from Radiohead directly, but hypothetically if I did lose it, I would purchase it again. I bought it originally for 3.5 pounds online and if I had to pay another 3.5 pounds I would.