In Rainbows review by Radiohead

• Released: Oct 10, 2007
Radiohead: In Rainbows

Really different sound, it is a completely diffrent type of alternative rock. The lead Singer Colin Greenwood has a new way to present his vocal sound into the record. He can change his voice into a variety of diferent ways depending on the type of song he is performing. An example in the song Nude he has a much softer tone that not only reflects the mood of the song but the mood of the singer as well. There are so many combinations of sound in this album it is almost difficult to point out the instruments that are being played in each song like Bodysnatchers for example. The beginning doesn't even sound like guitar almost like a warped keyboard. Very interesting tone throughout the whole song.

The lyrics in this radiohead album I would have to admidt are not Colin Greenwood's best poetry. They add an interesting tone to each of the songs but they really don't seem to match up to the title of the song in any way. It is kind of confusingto understand what the lyrics actually mean in the album. The one song in the album that really makes sense when it comes to the lyrics is the song Nude it kind of describes not only the subject of being nude but almost the concept. The other songs in the album the lyrics have little or no meaning and it is hard to make out.

It is probably not the best Radiohead album some of the ways that the song is presented in a sort of warped tone. Some of the other albums such as OK Computer and Kid A are very good because they are presented on the record rather well. The key songs on the album which are probably the most attractive to a first time listener of radiohead is the song Bodysnatchers with extreame upbeat tone and intenseity throughout the whole entire song which create anticipations to a first time listener. If the album was lost or stolen I would probably buy it again even though it is not their best album it is still unique that it is an interesting new sound not only to the band of radiohead but to alternative rock listerners everywhere.

KB22
    The lead Singer Colin Greenwood...
    FYI, Thom Yorke is the lead singer. Colin plays bass.
    KB22
    sorry for the double post, but this was the album that got me into radiohead. I'd rank it, but it would be impossible for me since every radiohead album i have is my favorite for a different reason.
    crazy8rgood
    Vrstone87 wrote: meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....
    well, you must have liked them at some point to have listened to all of thier albums. i just got the album, and i have to admit, it is great, just goes to show it is still possible to release a good cd these days.