In Rainbows review by Radiohead

• Released: Oct 10, 2007
Radiohead: In Rainbows

I've always loved Radiohead, from when I first picked up Pablo Honey to Kid A, and now I'm falling in love with them all over again with In Rainbows. Radiohead is definitely one of the most influential bands out there, and their sound is so incredibly difficult to describe, because they're always shaking things up and freaking us out, as well as making us love them even more. 01.15 Step: a very cool song. Definitely one that I could groove to, and in fact, did at their concert in Vancouver in August. The mixture of the digital beat, and Phil's amazing drumming, make this track a real masterpiece. 02.Bodysnatchers: wicked cool. I absolutely adore the guitar riff in this song, took me forever to learn. Really reminds me of their early guitar-driven rock sound, but with Thom's funky melody and the strange lyrics we've all come to love. 03.Nude: as stated in a previous review, this song has been around for a looong time. However, I love this most recent apparition of it. Thom's vocals are mesmerizing, and Colin's bass-line sticks in my head for hours. Lovely. 04.Weird Fishes/Arpeggi: pretty cool track. Thom's vocals are nice, and full of emotion. 05.All I Need: though the lyrics are simplistic, they are also beautiful. This song blows me away. It's touching. 06.Faust Arp: the guitar in this song is awesome. I still can't play it and sing it at the same time. I saw this preformed live and it was absolutely beautiful. The version on the album is just as great. 07.Reckoner: a very nice piece. Thom's vocals almost remind me of an early female jazz singer. They're very smooth and clean. This song is both complex and simple. I love it. 08.House of Cards: the guitar sound in this song is absolutely fantastic. Sort of reminds me of a ukelele-esque, Jason Mraz or Jack Johnson song. Really nice. 09.Jigsaw Falling Into Place: honestly, I haven't really listened to this track a whole lot. Dunno why really, I probably will sometime soon. 10.Videotape: amazing. Simply beautiful. The whole song blows me away, it's epic, and fantastic. Best track on the album. Second Disk: Ok, now, I don't own the box-set, or whatever the second disk comes with, but I have heard a few tracks from it. 02. Down is the New Up: really nice, a moving track. 05.Last Flowers: another beautiful track. I really don't know why this wasn't on the first disk. It's great. 07.Bangers + Mash: awesome. Thom on the drums, so cool. Really changes things up, it's awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

The lyrics on this album really range from simplistic, to strange. I love them all. I wish I could get inside Yorke's head and figure out what it is that inspires him to write such incredible music. Thom Yorke is a f--king fantastic singer. He is quite possibly the best vocalist of the modern era. He is inspiring. Absolutely amazing.

This album is definitely the Ok Computer of the new millenium. Every song is great, the album is laid out perfectly, and the fact that they allowed their listeners to choose the price was really a great thing. That is the way music should be, in my opinion. Musicians should make their money from preforming live. That would definitely eliminate any shitty acts. If someone stole this album from me, I'd hunt them down.

The_Teleblaster
    I love In Rainbows, probably one of my favourite albums and certainly ties for my favourite Radiohead album (The Bends is my favourite, I know OK Computer is great as well but something about The Bends just fascinates me). Well done Radiohead, well done.
    xaviergray
    I love this album, and have listened to it 3 times in the two days I've owned it. I only have 3 Radiohead albums, and this one to me is the least depressing. OK Computer was great, but had an unsettling tone to it which, in my opinion, made it even better. This one doesn't seem as unsettling, but it might be that I need to listen to it just a bit more. (Kid A also had that quality, specifically Idioteque)
    cokehit
    the best album of 07/08..im still waiting for anything to come close to it. guess we'll have to wait for the next radiohead album for that
    Spineburger
    Pablo Honey - 4/10 The Bends - 8/10 Ok Computer - 10/10 Kid A - 7/10 Amnesiac - 8/10 Hail to the thief - 9/10 In Rainbows - 9.5/10
    Mainer
    MadGoat wrote: Meh to be honest I was disappointed. Certainly doesn't rank as good as The Bends and OK Computer for me.
    I saw a DirecTV concert of them performing this album in the studio. I was disappointed also.