In Rainbows review by Radiohead

• Released: Oct 10, 2007
Radiohead: In Rainbows

The sound on this album is much cleaner than the other albums they have put out. You got the Piano over a drumloop on "Videotape" and the rough fuzz guitar on "Bodysnatchers". Most of these songs are ideas they have written down while on tour. I would the style used in this album as a quite soft rock and a very experimental rock. It can get a little boring to just listen to the same clean sound on the whole album, but I can't say no to their creativity.

Thom Yorke makes the most incredible lyrics, but sometimes they can be misunderstood and confusing. "How did I end up where I started, how did I end up where i were wrong" "Dont get any big ideas, never gonna happen" Thom Yorke is still an amazing singer after all these years and his creativity is mindblowing! Haunting beautiful voice in this album so he deserves a 10.

"In Rainbows" is on my top 5 shelf and its just full of emotion. This stands between "Kid A" and "Hail to the thief", but every album is so different from the last one so they are evolving greatly. The most impressive song from the album for me is: Bodysnatchers, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, Nude, Jigsaw falling into place, Reckoner and Videotape. This is a album that just need to be in my collection so I would run to my local recordshop to buy it again, whatever the price is.