Kid A review by Radiohead

• Released: Oct 3, 2000
Radiohead: Kid A

After the big "OK Computer" no one knew what would be Radiohead's next record like. It promotes a very alternative style, very different than the last CD. Personally after a few minutes I was terrified. The styles are alternative and jazz rock and electronica. It can be described as the music of the new millenium, pop after pop. Also guitar is almost gone from this record. Also Jonny Greenwood's "Ondes Martenot" is very noticable I many songs. Some songs exist since 1997 or 1998 and the production is magnificent.

The lyrics are scary. After the continuous repeat of "Everything... Everything..." in "Everything In Its Right Place" comes the Computer voice of "Kid A" and the continuous "Everyone... Everyone around here..." of "The National Anthem". Thom Yorke sings wonderfully with his trademark falsetto and his high range voice. The next song "How To Disappear Completely" is a masterpiece, however many would think it's boring. In my opinion is the best song of the album. "Treefingers" is the surprise of the record. A 6 min instrumental, only Ed O'Brien's guitar. "Optimistic" is the public's favourite song. "In Limbo" is very strange and then comes "Idioteque" an amazing song. "Morning Bell" talks about divorce and the last song "Motion Picture Soundtrack" is Thom's favourite. Also it has very good lyrics.

It's the best album in 2000 in my opinion and the songs "Everything In Its Right Place", "How To Disappear Completely" and "Idioteque" will remain in history. Also I think that it is very progressive, even for 2000 and that it has influenced a great range of artists. I got the collector's edition and it has an amazing artwork that represents the record's music in paintings and it has also a second CD with live recording. If I lost it I would buy it again immediately!

CiReMaN
    I just listened to it for the first time after I saw the rating so high and this album considered "the most successful electronica album from a rock band" and I agree 100% with it! Very inspiring record and now My Favorite Radiohead Album! Music... WOW!!!!!