My Iron Lung review by Radiohead

• Released: Jul 13, 1993
Radiohead: My Iron Lung

This EP is indicative of the massive change in Radiohead's sound between the debut Pablo Honey and the follow up LP The Bends. On this EP, acoustics are utilized in the flighty Lozenge Of Love, the epically emotional and stunning You Never Wash Up After Yourself, as well as an acoustic version of Creep. However, Radiohead dont neglect the amplifiers with tracks like the opener My Iron Lung, the only track here to make it to The Bends, Lewis (Mistreated) which shows the difference inbetween Pablo Honey rocking out and Bends rocking out, and Permanent Daylight.

Thom is on fine form here, with a scowl on My Iron Lung, critising the rollerdoor effect of the record industry in relation to their own Creep, and Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong which lives up to its tile. Thom is still evolving into the powerful and sarcastic writer on OK, but his voice is less of the howl on some of the lesser parts of Pablo Honey and more the croon of the Bends.

This EP is a fine addition to any collection. The only track I could fault was The Trickster. Kicking off with My Iron Lung and the more occky songs it disintegrates musically into Thom sitting with an acoustic for the last 3 tracks. At 29 minutes long, two more tracks or so and it could be a full-length. Definately worth the money.

RadioMuse
    The Trickster is without fault. The only thing I don't like about it is Jonny's solo at the end is overly repetitive, but even it isn't that bad. I agree it's definently worth the money though.