OK Computer review by Radiohead

• Released: Jun 16, 1997
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Radiohead: OK Computer

The sound on this album is phenomenal. It has lots of straight up guitar rock, such as on paranoid android and airbag, and some white noise violin screeches on climbing up the walls, everyone in the band is great. Colin Greenwood's not an exceptional bass player, but he holds everything together very well. Thom Yorke has an amazing voice. The sound on this album was the first sign of what the sound would be like on the electronica album "Kid A."

Thom Yorke is a brilliant lyricist. The lyrics go along so well with the music, and Thom has an amazing high voice. The lyrics can go from very sad, such as in "No surprises" (a job that slowly kills you, bruises that won't heal) bitter and sarcastic in "Paranoid Android" (off with his head man, why don't you remember my name? I guess you do). To very scary in "Climbing Up The Walls" (either way you turn, I'll be there, Open up your skull, I'll be there, climbing up the walls). There is no low point on the lyrics.

01. Airbag - a great way to kick off the album. A great song. 02. Paranoid Android - over six minutes long, and absaloutely amazing. Brilliant lyrics, brilliant music. I love all the musical changes in this song. 03. Subterranean Homesick Alian - my least favorite song on the album, although still good and a fun listen. It just doesn't have the epic feel that the other songs have. But I love the intro and the chorus. 04. Exit Music (for a film) - one of Radiohead's saddest songs, and also one of their best. I love the outro where Thom says "We hope that you choke, that you choke," over and over. Very sad. 05. Let Down - a song with very sad lyrics, but the music makes it seem very happy. A highlight of Radiohead's career. 06. Karma Police - an excellent song, also a very sarcastic song, my favorite part's the chorus. Great song. 07. Fitter Happier - not really a song you can rate, it's two minutes of a generic robot voice saying strange random things. It's very entertaing though, you just can't really rate it. 08. Electioneering - a very good song with strange guitar sound, I don't have a lot to say about this one, but it's very good. 09. Climbing Up The Walls - I love this song! And it scared the hell out of me the first time I heard it! It has very scary noises and lyrics. I'm pretty sure this is the only song that's ever scared me! One of my favorite radiohead songs. Great. 10. No Surprises - this is perhaps the best song on the album, an incredibly sad song. I love the line "bring down the government, they don't, they don't speak for us" And the chorus "With no alarms and no surprises. I also love the guitar and the xylaphone. 11. Lucky - a great underrated song. This song should be more famous than it is. About a guy who's lucky I guess. I love the chorus. 12. The Tourist - I'm pretty sure this was written by guitarist Johnny Greenwood. A very good song. A lot of people say this is there favorite Radiohead song. I don't agree with that totally, but it is very good. I don't mean to just slap a ten on every section, this album deserves it! This is probably my favorite album, except for maybe london calling by the clash. It is so worth the money! And if I lost this, I'd buy it again in a heart beat!

bassplayer496
    Hey! does anyone know if I can edit my review? Someone a bunch of stuff got cut off, and they put the sound as ten in stead of one. Please comment back if you know the answer. ~Love, Dallas~
    bassplayer496
    I actually think nerdo might be right, the bends might just be better. I used to think this one was hands down the best, but I'm not sure now. ~Love, Dallas~
    libertine1989
    nah Ok computer is a class above the bends but not as good as Kid A and Hail to the Theif isnt far behind either.