The Bends review by Radiohead

• Released: Mar 23, 2009
Radiohead: The Bends

The over all sound of The Bends is quite somber. The almost "twang" to a lot of the fingerpicking in many of the songs makes the guitar stick out in your mind. You can tell the emotion behind some of the guitar and drums, this can definitely be herd in "Sulk" and "Bullet Proof... I Wish I Was". it's like they are not just playing the music they are feeling it.

Of course Radiohead has some of the most powerful lyrics of any band. The feelings of Love, Loss, Vunerablility, Smallness, Longing for a place to feel that you belong, all move you so much that you are just tied up in the lyrics and you just take it all in.

Emotions run when you have this CD on. Radiohead can not really be conpared to other artists, even though many people say that Coldplay is a lot alike, I don't think so. But the songs that touched me the most are Bullet Proof... I Wish I Was, Street Spirit (Fade Out), Black Star, and High And Dry. Even if you don't like this even type of music you will enjoy The Bends. I must say it is one of the best CD's of all time.

sbauer187
    better album than ok computer, the sounds that greenwood can produce are out-of-this-world