The King Of Limbs review by Radiohead

• Released: Feb 18, 2011
Radiohead: The King Of Limbs

A very strange and progressive album with some exceptionally good songs. It can be called electronica and avant garde until you reach the 5th song "Lotus Flower" that goes into a progressive rock style without guitar. Then goes "Codex" a classic piano song that reminds us something like "Sail To The Moon" or something like that and it's a Radiohead type song. A spiritual song "Give Up The Ghost" (At last guitar!) and the album winds up with one more song.

The lyrics are of academical level in some songs and they make you think a lot. As soon as you here the music of the songs you expect that lyrics and as soon as you read the lyrics you expect that kind of music. Thom Yorke sings wonderful with tremolo and his tenoro voice. He knows how to sing his songs and his voice is made exactly for them.

I think that it's the best album of the last 5 years and it will be discusted a lot. My favourite songs are "Lotus Flower" and "Give Up The Ghost". The thing that I love most in this album is it's progressive music and Thom Yorke's vocals. The only thing I don't like is that in some songs after a couple of minutes it gets boring and "Feral" isn't good at all. If I had lost it I would immidiately bought it again.

latinromans
    [quote][/The first half of the album is just plain not good. The second half is great, but not worth the price of admission on its own. Really this just sounds to me like a continuation of the Eraser. There's nothing here that seems like anybody but Thom needed to be there. It's too electronic to sound like this is a five-piece actual band.] I felt the same way when I first listened to it but when i saw videos of them playing the songs live it became obvious that there are actually a shitload of good guitar parts in there, it's just harder to tell because the sounds are so effects driven. just because it's not in your face doesn't mean it isn't there. as for the first half of the album being "just plain not good" remember, enjoyment of music is subjective but as a musician I can confidently say this is one best made albums I have heard in years and that includes the first half as well. great music doesn't stop being great music just because it's not what your in the mood for at the time.
    Reisgar42