Battle Of Mexico City [DVD] review by Rage Against the Machine

• Released: Oct 29, 2002
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 7
Rage Against the Machine: Battle Of Mexico City [DVD]

This band is terrific they are always energetic and give everything their best. Zack even has little poitical documentaries going on during the whole DVD which are quite interesting. Tom Morello kicks ass with his innovation while the rest just keep up the funk.

Content — 8
The DVD is live and has a kick ass list of song. You will definately love it if your a true rage fan. The DVD has an interview with Zack De La Rocha and an author of a book about some political views which shows that "Rage" aren't political posers and it also has a video of Tom Morello's tour around Mexico City which is pretty cool.

Production Quality — 7
The quality was pretty good but you couldnt really hear the crowd's energy which made the concert a little less exciting but was really good and it was quite annoying when words were taken out but in Killing in the Name the "F--k You" part remained uncensored which confused.

This DVD album over all is very good! A true rage fan would own it, but if it was stolen I would get Live at the Grand Olypium because simply this DVD didn't have all the classic rage songs like Bullet in the Head, but still nonetheless you should definately buy it if you're into rage not just because it's a kick ass DVD but because it's a real collecters item.

the_maestro
    I love it just for the fact that they played Township rebellion right after freedom. Great stuff. This is my favorite of the three RATM DVDs and would recommend it to all people who even only somewhat like the band.
    CanadianMaple09
    Great DVD, awesome high-energy performance as usual. Just a few points to knock it down from a 10 to an 8... (1) When I play it on my computer the chapter titles don't match up with the song that is actually being played... so it says you're listening to one song when you're actually listening to another (2) at several points in the performance there are annoying feedback screeching sounds (3) The sensoring of the swearwords in the first few songs... it sounds strange and out of place Other than that, a great DVD and I would expect nothing less from Rage!
    Sober_god
    I have this dvd and even if you never heard of rage the solos will blow you away and you become a fan.