Battle Of Mexico City [DVD] Review

artist: Rage Against the Machine date: 01/05/2007 category: compact discs
Rage Against the Machine: Battle Of Mexico City [DVD]
Released: October 29, 2002
Outside Mexico City's Sports Pavilion, hundreds of young Rage fans rattle metal fences and throw rocks at the increasingly nervous police. Inside, a seething crowd of 5,000 lucky ticket holders cram into the cavernous pavilion chanting anti-government slogans and poking their middle fingers into the thick, sweaty air while waiting for Rage Against the Machine to storm the stage.
 Content: 8.5
 Production Quality: 6.5
 8.7
 8.1
 9.3
Battle Of Mexico City [DVD] Reviewed by: BrockTandem, on september 30, 2005

Sound: Quite a good DVD capturing their epic performance at Mexico's Sports Pavilion. Starting off with 'Testify' the band plays all their hit songs aswell as a couple not heard on previous albums (Zapata's Blood). Strangely for the first half of the performance the swear words are cut out but on 'Killing In The Name' they make no effort to censor the repetitive chant of "F--k you I won't do what you tell me." Everything you would expect from RATM and well worth the money. // 7

Overall Impression: It is a very good representation of RATM live however if I got it stolen I would probably get RATM live at Grand Olympic Auditorium. I like the fact it had a documentary through it and it included all the Rage songs I liked. // 9

Battle Of Mexico City [DVD] Reviewed by: Shredlet, on january 05, 2007

Sound: This band is terrific they are always energetic and give everything their best. Zack even has little poitical documentaries going on during the whole DVD which are quite interesting. Tom Morello kicks ass with his innovation while the rest just keep up the funk. // 9

Overall Impression: This DVD album over all is very good! A true rage fan would own it, but if it was stolen I would get Live at the Grand Olypium because simply this DVD didn't have all the classic rage songs like Bullet in the Head, but still nonetheless you should definately buy it if you're into rage not just because it's a kick ass DVD but because it's a real collecters item. // 9

Comments