Evil Empire review by Rage Against the Machine

• Released: Apr 16, 1996
Rage Against the Machine: Evil Empire

This album was a departure from ''ratm'' cause on this one it sounds like tha bass went louder and Tom defenatly went crazy on ''wind below''he does for a solo what I can only describe as a ''crazy stars falling sound''. The overall sound quality is also improved.

Zack is up to his old tricks! Once again he does great job writing puzling and metaphorical lyrics very well describing the back door politics of this day and age. If you didnt like the previous rage lyrics chanses are you'll ejoy this one better.I think that on this album the lirycs are comparable to ''Nirvana'' or ''Smashing pumpkins'' poeticaly speaking, while still giving real world names and events. The lyrics fit espesialy well with the more Funk and Punk. In some songs you can even hear lyrics whispered on a second mic chanel. My advise to you listen to the lyrics well and you might learn a thing or to about balancing metaphores and clear but meanigful lyrics.

This album more then compares to any thing else by rage. The album is great ''down rodeo'' a song about raceism inthe south and ''snakecharmer'' a song about greed are some of my personal favorites but all the songs are ok. It's definitely a must buy for any one how likes political music (be it Rap or Punk), original yet still anger-transmiting riffs, tight beats and poetic and meaningful lyrics.