Evil Empire review by Rage Against the Machine

• Released: Apr 16, 1996
Rage Against the Machine: Evil Empire

I think the sound on this album is average. The bass is definitely turned up on this one, and Tom's guitar is pretty cool, but nothing better than anything else he's done with rage. The sound is different than their self titled but in a way its the same. Instead of the guitar just being distorted and heavy on most tracks like their self titled cd, there are more dynamics to it.

The lyrics on here are definitely good. Zack keeps the same political underlayings as he did on all of their cds. Bascially if yoo like his lyrics on their other cds then you'll like them on here too. I think the lyrics on this one a bit more powerful and meaningful than on their other cds.

Overall I'd say it's a great album. Maybe not quite as good as self titled, but it's close. It seems to be Rage's most overlooked album. Most people know the self titled and Battle of LA but they ignore this one. Those people are missing out because this one is definitely as good. Some really good songs on it are Vietnow, Revolver, and People Of The Sun. So overall, it's a great cd. If you are a Rage fan and you don't own it, I would consider it a must have.