Sound — 10
The sound is unlike their debut, with a lot more hip-hop songs and less heavy riffs. Zack sounds less angry, and the music is less desperate than, for example "Know Your Enemy" from Rage Against The Machine. The sound is still absolutely amazing, but I miss the heavy top-class riffs in songs like "Killing In The Name" on their debut.
Lyrics — 10
Normal Rage, left-wing, accusing, and still deep and amazing.
Overall Impression — 10
01. People Of The Sun - very basic guitar, but it sounds great, and the lyric to the chorus and the guitar mix perfectly. Best bit: chorus.
02. Bulls On Parade - listening to the powerful riff, you know its going to be great, and the guitar sound is very well bull-ish. The verse is one of the best Rage has done. The solo is impressive, and the wah-wah riff is powerful in the outro. Best bit: outro.
03. Vietnow - tap-foot beat, and the lyrics are great here. The chorus has such an unstoppable guitar part. Best bit: chorus.
04. Revolver - strange effects intro, going into a strong slow riff, which makes you think its gonna be like Bulls On Parade. But no, the chorus is so bloody fast, short and sweet. The verse gets tedious though. Best bit: chorus.
05. Snakecharmer - mini-drum solo intro, with an intruigingly simple riff, with Zack starting off whispering, and building up to a massive scream in the chorus. Best bit: verse.
06. Tire Me - faster than Vietnow, better guitar than People Of The Sun and not much of a chorus to speak of. One of the highlights of the album. Beat bit: verse.
07. Down Rodeo - the best riff on the album, and a weird verse with a squeaking guitar. The second part of the verse gets annoying, but another great song. Best bit: riff.
08. Without A Face - Know Your Enemy-ish verse, except quieter. The chorus has a cool guitar wah-riff, but overall is less catchy than the others. Best bit: chorus.
09. Wind Below - good riff, promises one hell of a song, but doesnt deliver in the end. Best bit: riff.
10. Roll Right - not a very Rage-ish riff, but catchy none-the-less. Best bit: verse.
11. Year Of Tha Boomerang - freak-ass opening, going into the same kind of guitar that was missing from the rest of the album, heavy debut album style. The bit in the middle of the verse is just plain weird though. Best bit: verse.