Evil Empire review by Rage Against the Machine

• Released: Apr 16, 1996
Rage Against the Machine: Evil Empire

Wow, this isn't anything bad I can say about RATM, this CD is amazing being 12 year's old this year. They improved so much since their debut self titled album. The bass can be much more heard now, which I'm sure everyone will love, Zack's vocals are better than ever. Tom shred's in every solo and Brad's drumming is tops.

The lyrics really catch me as they are such a political band. Definatley favourite song is Bulls On Parade followed by Tire Me, Zack has amazing vocals, his rapping style is just simply epic. The lyrics go with the music so well as they we're made for each other. I'd have to say the Bulls On Parade lyrics capture me the most. I walk the corner to the rubble, that used to be a library line up to the mind cemetery now, what we don't know keep's the contract's alive and movin'they don't gotta burn the books they just remove them. Is so amazing because as I said they are so political and get to the point right away

this is definatley better then their first album which was also great. Stand out songs are, Tire Me, Vietnow, Revolver and Wind Below. I love evrything about the album and I'm sure everyone that's listened to RATM past and present will say this is probably their best album. If someone stole it I would murder them and steal it back! I'd buy another 5 copies just in case someone pinches it.

daytripper75
    If I reviewed this now I'd give it a better review than I did originally. It definitely has grown on me over the years.