Evil Empire review by Rage Against the Machine

• Released: Apr 16, 1996
Rage Against the Machine: Evil Empire

Rage against The Machine's second studio album is a more fast pace side of Ratm with tracks like Vietnow wich is a fast paced song but they have still kept the original Ratm rebellious spirit and heavy metal tune. Tom Morello is my favourite guitarist and I idolize him for his talent I love bulls on parade because it is a great song for Tom. The bassist who keeps changing his name is a great bassist and Tire me is his best song. Brad Wilk, a great drummer and is one of my favourite drummers of all time, Best song People of the sun. Zach De La Rocha the singer famous for his 18 year old like voice I think is a talented vocalist and songwriter, Best song Vietnow.

The lyrics are mainly about the A.I.M and the American Indian struggle. This kind of lyric writing is what Rage are famous for and delivered perfectly by Zach. I think People of the sun is probably one of the more stand out songs lyric wise but Vietnow is the best for vocals.

This album was the album everyone kind of forgot about but I think it is pretty good. Tire me, People of the sun, Bulls on parade and Vietnow stood out for me in a big way both musically and lyric wise. I love this album because it picked up from what there self titled album and left off. I don't really hate this song maybe the only sing was it was all a bit similar but this was the drifting album I guess. If it were stolen I would buy it again and I would never lose it but if I did I would buy it again.

bowchickawowwow
    This is absolutely my most favorite Rage album. I don't know why, I just prefer it over the other three, which are just as kickass.