Live At The Grand Olympic Auditorium review by Rage Against the Machine

• Released: Nov 25, 2003
Rage Against the Machine: Live At The Grand Olympic Auditorium

The sound is just as good as the album in most cases, Zacks voice has a different feel but with rage they rarely slip up on live performances, with Timmy C, Morello and Wilk. It is interesting to see how Morello changes the solo's in some cases with the lack of readiness that he would have on a recorded version. However this is what a live performance is about, no one wants to hear a carbon copy of what they have already got. They want the passion and feeling, and rage deliver.

The lyrics of RATM are always amazing, such fury and yet such passion floods through the sould of Zack De la Rocha; there is some shakey parts on the album such as in kick out the jams, but overall it is an amazing and powerful performance. However because of some of the covers you do not feel that they are singing their true material and what they made for themselves, not the public to hear.

Compared to their other live albums (battle of Mexico city and live and rare) it holds up very well because it has all their best songs. It also the raw passion of any rage live event, if you also put the fact that this was their last show for five years you can see how it is one of the true classics of RATM.

C-k-y
    hellfire21 wrote: wat r the tracks??
    1 - Bulls On Parade 2 - Bullet In The Head 3 - Born Of A Broken Man 4 - Killing in the Name 5 - Calm like a Bomb 6 - Testify 7 - Bombtrack 8 - War Within A Breath 9 - I'm Housin' 10- Sleep Now In The Fire 11-People In the Sun 12-Guerilla Radio 13-Kick Out the Jams 14-Know your Enemy 15-No Shelter 16-Freedom Love this cd, I love the bit in Sleep Now In The Fire when they start it out with the nice little guitar, then crank out the intro, lol, amazing.
    Sóul Pówer
    I thought this album was pretty crappy, only cos I already had all the tracks before hand, so there was no real suprise, but I guess I already knew that when I was about to buy the album. must just bve me but I don't think it is superb, just ok.