Rage Against The Machine review by Rage Against the Machine

• Released: Nov 3, 1992
Rage Against the Machine: Rage Against The Machine

The first groundbraking album to feature both rap and heavy metal. Rage Against The Machine's self titled debut album was amazing the first time I herd it and still is, it's one of them albums which makes you want to learn the guitar for it, there is kind of a fierce tone about the album with tom morellos distinctive guitar riffs and tims bass lines. There are lots of different styles used such as heavy metal, alternative metaland rap-metal.

The band manages to get their message across with stubborn repetition like "Freedom" and "Killing In The Name." With its relentless statements of, "F--ck you, I won't do what you tell me," and songs like Bullet In The Head and Wake up with constent repetition to convey their message. The guitar and bass lines match the singers all out style perfectly.

A stunning debut and a absolute essential. It would compare to all others in that genre such as Limp Bizkit and Korn allthough I wouldn't place it above Metallica or Megadeth. Every song on the album is good this hard to come by. The best songs in my opinion are Bombtrack, Killing In The Name of, Bullet In The Head and Wake Up because of there bold statements put out in these songs. I love the guitar riffs on the album the are so distinctive and original. I hate that some of the solos in Bullet In The Head are to hard. Also look out for: Evil Empire [1996], The Battle Of Los Angeles [1999], Renegades [2000] and Live At The Grand Olimpic Auditorium. You will not be dissapointed.