Rage Against The Machine review by Rage Against the Machine

• Released: Nov 3, 1992
Rage Against the Machine: Rage Against The Machine

Rage Against the Machine might as well be the only band I actually like that has rap elements in it! Tom Morello has the most unique solos and guitarwork! This and The Battle of Los Angeles has the most catchiest riff of all time! The riffs to the song "Killing In The Name", "Settle For Nothing", "Freedom" and more are great. The solo to "Killing In The Name" is cool.

Zack de la Rocha, in this debut album, screams more than he raps, so thats better. The lyrics are political, and I like most of them because of how they are done, but one or two I beg to disagree with. "Know Your Enemy", for example. I disagree when he says "Land of the free? Whoever told that is your enemy!" "Killing In The Name", by the way, has pretty cool lyrics. The radio fooled me until I got this album! The entire set fo verses where he goes "-- you I won't do what you tell me!" is edited, taken away in the radio version! I strongly dislike radio "Settle For Nothing" I liked very much.

This is the best, most powerful, most angriest album by RATM. I still don't quite understand the album art concept, but oh well. Recommended tracks are: "Bombtrack", "Killing In The Name", "Settle For Nothing", "Bullet In The Head", and "Freedom". I personally listen to RATM because of their music, but a lot of their lyrics are all right. Don't disregard this because the singer uses a rap-style of singing. This is not Limp Bizshit, RATM actually has musical talent, and the lyrics are meaningful whether one agrees with them or not. So check this CD out you might like it. I also recommend 'The Battle Of Los Angeles'.