Rage Against The Machine review by Rage Against the Machine

• Released: Nov 3, 1992
Rage Against the Machine: Rage Against The Machine

This album sounds completely original. Rage weren't trying to copy anyone when they released their self-titled debut. Zach sounds like he should, an angry Mexican-American trying to get his message across. His rapping style is completely original. Tom Morello is an amazing and underrated guitarist. He uses techniques with whammy pedals and wah-wah pedals that are completely amazing. He also creates bone-crushing riffs that would make Jimmy Page proud. Tim Commerford uses his bass like no other on songs such as Know Your Enemy and Township Rebellion (wah-wah). He is a great asset to the band. Brad Wilk is a good solid drummer who stands out on Killing In The Name, Township Rebellion, and Freedom. The overral sound quality is amazing, clean, and original.

With this album, Zach De La Rocha proves that he is the greatist lyricist of the '90s (Better than anything Fred Durst has to offer). He uses poetic lyrics to get his message across on such topics like The KKK (Killing In The Name), the American school system (Take The Power Back), anti-war protests (Township Rebellion), the civil- rights movement (Wake Up), and the American way of life (Know Your Enemy). The lyrics fit right with Tom's innovative guitar playing, and the funky rythm section. For once, rap is used for a good cause, unlike idiots like 50 Cent and Snoop Dog. Zach's lyrics will really make you think.

I put this album is the same league as Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and The Beatles. The album is simply a masterpiece. Listen to every song on the album without skipping any because every track is a gem. All of these songs are impressive and each deserved to be listened to. I completely love this album. There is nothing I would change. If this album was to be stolen I would track down the thief and say "enjoy a great album" and then take $13 dollars from him and buy a brand new one. So get Rage Against The Machine. You won't regret it.

auto pilot
    this was one of the first albums I ever bought untill today still one of my favorites Tom morello is one of the greatest guitar players ever
    FruFighter
    _RATM_ wrote: whats with the lack of commments? rage is brilliant...
    Exactly what I was thinking!
    Sabbath25
    people just dont really care for them anymore which is sad... Thsi album was awsome i dont know why people say battle of L.A was better....
    bassplayer496
    Yeah, battle of los angeles is good, but this is a lot better. I really like Bullet in the head, Freedom, Bombtrack and killing in the name, in no order. I don't even really like the rap rock genre but I love rage. So if you even just like rock, buy this. It has the coolest guitar effects you've ever heard. BUT THE DAMN THING. ~Love, Dallas~