Rage Against The Machine review by Rage Against the Machine

• Released: Nov 3, 1992
Rage Against the Machine: Rage Against The Machine

Rage Against The Machine are an excellent rap-metal band. Their self-titled album is a great album no matter what style you listen to. The bass is so awesome! Tim is an excellent bass player. Songs with good basslines are "Killing In The Name" and "Know Your Enemy". The slap bass riff in "Take The Power Back" is really good too. The guitar works together with the bass so well. The guitar solos are awesome. Songs with good guitar solos are "Wake Up", "Freedom", and "Settle For Nothing". The guitar sounds unique because of the effects and pedals that Tom uses. Brad Wilk is a pretty good drummer too. "Township Rebellion" has some unusual drumming in it, so does "Killing In The Name". Overall, the sounds is amazing. The guitar, bass, and drums sound perfect all together.

Zack is a great singer/rapper/screamer, and his lyrics are amazing too. All of the songs on this CD have great meanings and messages behind them. "Take The Power Back" is about bad teachers and education in schools ("Europe ain't my rope to swing on, can't learn a thing from it, yet we hang from it"). "Killing In The Name" is about racism in government ("Those who died are justified for wearing the badge and they're chosen whites"). "Bullet In The Head" is about people getting brainwashed by what they see on the TV ("Just victims of the in-house drive-by, they say "Jump" you say "How high?"). So, those are some of the songs that have great lyrics and meanings. All of these songs are great and Zack is an amazing vocalist.

Whether you like rap or heavy metal, this album is awesome. The best tracks are "Know Your Enemy", "Freedom", and "Wake Up". Trust me, get this CD even if you haven't heard of Rage Against The Machine before. Their other albums are good too, so if you like this one you should get "The Battle Of Los Angeles" or "Evil Empire". Rage Against The Machine is awesome!

examiningemma
    I love the music of Rage. And the talent is over and beyond. The politics side of it I hate. I personally don't think just because you are a musician, it makes you a political spokesman. Go vote and you have done your part. After that support who is in office if you wanna make things better for your country. As far as there music though, like I said I'm a fan and always will be. Glad to see these guys getting back at it.