Renegades review by Rage Against the Machine

• Released: Dec 5, 2000
Rage Against the Machine: Renegades

This was a cover album by Rage, and it showed their overall potential to take a any song and keep the same basic formula, but still make it their own. Zack's vocals are awesome here, showing his full anger in tracks such as 'Pistol Grip Pump' and Minor Threat's 'In My Eyes', and showing his softer side in 'Beautiful World. Tom's doesn't do as good as it could, though, but it's a cover album, so he can't really make up a new riff for every song. It's still great though, I especially love the chorus of 'How I Could Just Kill a Man'.

This was a cover album, so I can't really say anything about the lyrics. I may say that this album displays Rages philosophical and musical roots, and kinda shows hwo they got their unique sound. Zack does a flawless performance of every song.

This album was, overall, great, as are all the RATM albums, even for a cover album. The highlight tracks are 'Pistol Grip Pump', 'In my Eyes', 'The Ghost of Tom Joad', and 'How I Could Just Kill a Man'. Every aspect of the album is great, except the guitar section, which is lacking a little bit. IF this were stolen, I would definitely buy another copy. I would definitely buy this album if your into Rage at all.