The Battle Of Los Angeles review by Rage Against the Machine

• Released: Nov 2, 1999
Rage Against the Machine: The Battle Of Los Angeles

Rage Against The Machine is an amazing band. They mix rap and heavy metal better than any other band. "The Battle Of Los Angeles" is a great album whether you like rap or heavy metal. The guitar riffs and solos are pretty amazing. The guitarist, Tom Morello, uses a lot of distortion and wah effects, his guitar also has a whammy switch. My favorite guitar riff is the "Sleep Now In The Fire" riff. My favorite guitar solo is the solo in "Testify". Tim Commerford is a really good bassist, "Calm Like A Bomb" has a really cool solo bass intro. Tim also uses effects in some of these songs like "Mic Check" and "Born As Ghosts". Brad Wilk is a great drummer, "Guerrilla Radio" and "Ashes In The Fall" have really good drum beats. This is a really heavy album, except for the song "Mic Check".

Zack's lyrics are so amazing. All of these songs are political, there all about things like war and government 'n stuff. He is a powerful singer, he sings with a rap-like style, but he doesn't sound like a rapper, hard to explain. Listen to this album for yourself and then you'll see what I mean. He is also a very good screamer.

No matter what style you are into, rap or heavy metal, "The Battle Of Los Angeles" is an excellent album. It is probably my favorite album from Rage Against The Machine. My favorite songs are "Calm Like A Bomb", "New Millenium Homes", and "Ashes In The Fall". If this album were stolen/lost I would buy it again. Trust me, just get this CD, it's good stuff!