The Battle Of Los Angeles review by Rage Against the Machine

• Released: Nov 2, 1999
Rage Against the Machine: The Battle Of Los Angeles

RATM is came back to do it one more time with another awesome album. The music is the classic Rage style with a funk/rock/rap sound. Tom Morello is doing what he does best by making some of the most shocking sound coming out of a guitar. Brad Wilk is holding down the drums, while Y.tim.K (Tim Commerford) is keeping that bass line tight. This album has won a grammy and was best of 1999 and I would personally have to say that this is the best album that RATM has realesed in their 15 year history.

Zack De La Rocha is one of the most unique song-writers that I've ever seen in my lifetime. There is a very political message about the entire album, as in most of the Rage Against The Machine songs. I think that De La Rocha's lyrics compliments the overall sound from Tim Commerford very well. De La Rocha was originally a rapper, which can be heard in his style, but now he is a huge political figure outside of the music industry.

I really like the fact that there is a very angry feel to some of the songs, like Voice of the Voicless or Calm like a Bomb. If you really want to hear some of Morello's guitar stylings, you should hear Guerrilla Radio and Sleep now in the Fire. If like any type of funk, rock, or great solos you definately need to get this album.

Mads B
    simply the best Rage album best tracks: 1. mic check 2. war withing a breath 3. sleep now in the fire 4. maria what ever the are all good...