Live Aus Berlin [DVD] Review

artist: Rammstein date: 11/09/2009 category: compact discs
Rammstein: Live Aus Berlin [DVD]
Released: April 4, 2000
This concert video, expertly produced during a huge outdoor concert the previous summer, won't dissipate the tension between Rammstein's fans and social critics looking to find the links between such violence and the band's intense, sweeping music, especially on this uncensored edit of their nearly 100-minute set.
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 8.8
 9.4
 9.2
 9.5
Live Aus Berlin [DVD] Reviewed by: derkym, on september 24, 2005

Sound: Metal/industrial/techno at it's best! The sound on this DVD is very good. The distortion is jagged and visceral, the vocals are haunting, the keyboard/synth adds a techno feel to the music, and the drums are played fine. Unfortunately, the bass is almost nonexistent on most songs. A couple of the songs sound repeptive (with only minutely varied riffs), but most of the songs explore completely different styles and mix them effortlessly to produce a blend of sound that is so hard to categorize. // 9

Overall Impression: Rammstein isn't a band for the faint of heart, and their shocking stage theatrics, mature (and sometimes disturbing) lyrics, and pounding sound will turn off most of the casual observers. This is definitly not a DVD for children (especially the uncensored version), and people new to the band would probably be better suited buying the audio CD version of this so they can focus on the music first and not the wild theatrics. With that said, if you like Rammstein, this is for you. My favorite things are the nice pyrotechnics, and excellent choice of songs from their first few albums. The things I could do without are the seizure inducing camera shifts and the blurring that is sometime appearant from all the smoke on stage. If this DVD was lost, I would buy it again because it is somthing that is a perfect compliment to any Rammstein fans collection. // 8

Live Aus Berlin [DVD] Reviewed by: s0x, on december 26, 2005

Sound: Industrial/techno takes a new turn. This DVD was absolutely breathe taking and the sound was crystal clear. The guitars were hard and unforgiving. Flake and his keyboards bore no sign of mercy, Tribal metal beats were belted out at the hands of Christoph and Till's unrelenting, harsh vocals were the icing on the cake. I enjoyed this DVD a lot, and was my first view of Rammstein in action (appart from their apperance at Sydney's Big Day Out). A lot of the the songs sound midly similar, but were all well played. // 9

Overall Impression: Since I've only seen one Rammstein concert I don't have a basis for comparision, but I thought it was extremely well done and though it has minor flaws it still comes up as one of my favourite DVDs. I'm not a fan of metal music and I seem to think of it as just noise, but I like Rammstein because they bring something new to the genre that has never been done before and they aren't afraid to experiment and to speak in their native tounge. // 10

Live Aus Berlin [DVD] Reviewed by: Midnight Rocker, on february 22, 2007

Sound: Rammstein are the most successful German language band ever, and after watching Live Aus Berlin, it's not hard to see why. Their blend of crunching guitars, precision drumming and electric keyboards combined with vocalist Till Lindemann's haunting vocals makes for a staggering live experience. This is made even more spectacular by the staggering amount of pyrotechnics and effects used by the band. The live sound is excellent, sounding almost as polished as a studio release. In addition to the music, you can also hear the crowd quite clearly, whether they are singing along or just cheering, which in my opinion adds more to the experience of a live show. // 10

Overall Impression: This DVD is excellent, and well worth the money. The most impressive thing on the DVD would have to be live show, which most other bands would be hard pressed to match. The interview, however, gives a nice insight into the challenges the band has faced, and how the first two albums came to be. I love the entire thing, and quite honestly, there is nothing I don't like about it. If it were lsot or stolen, I would most definitely buy it again, because it is possibly the single best live DVD I have ever seen. // 10

Live Aus Berlin [DVD] Reviewed by: ravenrage07, on november 09, 2009

Sound: Rammstein is always amazing no matter what to me. The DVD was basically a giant stadium type of thing. It was in Berlin and it was an awesome concert. I don't know of a story attached to the DVD it's just live in Berlin. The style is just rammstein simple as that, you can't really pick a genre to fit them exactly. // 10

Overall Impression: It sounds great, amazing DVD very entertaining. The most impressive thing is just the whole DVD I can't say what's the best thing on it really it's all that great. I loved everything, hated nothing. I wouldn't buy it because you can just find the videos on youtube. // 10

Comments