Made In Germany 1995-2011 review by Rammstein

• Released: Dec 2, 2011
Rammstein: Made In Germany 1995-2011

Rammstein are an amazing band. No doubt about it. 6 albums, each one very different from the last. A very dark, grim look about them, yet they don't take things seriously at all. What I'm trying to say is, there is a reason why they are so big. And this 'best of' is a footstone to look back and reflect on an amazing career that has lasted nearly two decades - and according to the band, will continue. I'm not one for buying 'best of' albums unless it is a band that has a serious discography and requires a small taste to see if I like the band, or I love the band that much and am abit of a completist to their back catalogue. The latter is the reason I bought this, because I just love the band. And the CD has a great selection of songs on it, with a fair balance of songs from each album released. With the recently released single "Mein Land" added to the CD as well. But the main reason I'm reviewing this album today isn't the CD, but the remix CD that comes with the 2-disc - onward - set. I'm the type of person that likes his songs, and respects them for how they were created, and remix albums don't go down great with me; just look at reanimation from Linkin Park and you'll see what I mean. But this CD is different: a compilation of talented artists take a track and put their own stamp on it. But the great thing about this remix is that while the artists have put their own thing onto the tracks, you can still distinguish that it is Rammstein. Just enough has been kept the same, to respect the song for what it was, yet, completely gain your interest but giving you a different take on it. Devin Townsend's - the Zappa of metal - mix is my favourite, just by how he manages to put his goofy humour into the song, but still makes you appreciate the changes he's made.

Never looked into the lyrics, as A: the lyrics are always in German and B: I like the mystery behind it all. But vocals, to put bluntly, German is the language of Metal in my opinion. He has one of the most noticeable voices in the industry, but it works harmoniously with the music in the background. You can get a track that is so angry, but it's almost radio-friendly at the same time.

My recommendation is to get the two-disc. It's worth the extra couple of quid just to experience a great remix CD. And if you own all the albums anyway, it is a definite recommendation. The 'best of' on its own is great, but if, like me, you have listened to the albums so much that it can be a dab hard to pick it up and listen to it all the time, then you're best off just keeping the cash if your not willing to part the extra coin to get the two-disc. For those that have never listened to Rammstein - for shame! - then look no further. And experience a band that was and still is constantly one step ahead of the crowd in the metal scene. Let us all raise a glass and celebrate 17 years of some of the best industrial metal ever created, by one of the best bands around today.

Wolsten-Pilk
    They shouldn't have put ohne dich on there tho, every other song deserves its place, but not ohne dich! benzin would have been cool on there or mann gegen mann, or Rammstein etc! highly recommend every one gets it!