Mutter review by Rammstein

• Released: Apr 2, 2001
Rammstein: Mutter

In this amazing album, the guitars are more deeper and more hard rock sounding that their previous album Sehnsucht, which goes for more of a metal sounding. All I can really say is that the guitar, string Composition, really Drag you into this album, and it's just worth it. Mein Herz Brennt starts off beautifully with slow violins along with Till Lindermann's amazing vocals. At most one of the most beautifully done songs on this album is Sonne, I was just amazed at this song and how Till's voice and drums can provide such a groove, and the chorus was very catchy, and what made it great was when they put female harmonies, which I thought was great.

In this album, I think they have taken a more mature leap into they lyrics. But they still talk about sexual things in their songs, and that's typical Rammstein. Till changes his voice throughout the album, he can go softly, like in Mutter, Nebel, and Mein Herz Brennt; and he can make it rough sounding for songs like Feuer Frei, Zwitter, and Ich Will.

When I first got into Rammstein, I bought this album, and Sehnsucht, and I dare say that Mutter was just a more complex album than Sehnsucht was. But that doesn't mean that Sehnsucht wasn't a good album, it was. Rammstein is just an amazing band, and to be honest they really don't get as much credit as they deserve. Go pick this album up, it is just simply stunning. My favorite songs on this album would have to be all of them, you really can't pick and choose on this one.

fireyqwerty
    mutter is defiently my favorite rammstein album, and pavura Mutter is literally about that but its actually about til and chris's feelings towards there mothers feeling at time "detached" lacking the ambilical chord read into it more at the best lyrics site ever! herzeleid.com
    Engel1
    Well i love every Rammstein album but i do have to say. Mutter is one of there best albums.