Reise, Reise review by Rammstein

• Released: Sep 27, 2004
Rammstein: Reise, Reise

The album sounds amazing. I've listened to every song many times, and I can't stop. The guitar is heavy in places but can also be quite soft. Either way, it goes exceptionally well with Till's amazing voice. As usual, Christoph makes playing the drums sound easy, as he effortlessly does more and more complex and mind-blowing drum riffs. Flake seems to have improved quite a lot since 'Mutter', or at least he is doing a lot more noticeable work. I couldn't wait for the album to come out, and when I'm at school I can't wait to get back home to hear it again! Who have we left out? Oliver. It wouldn't be complete without his amazing bass skills. This album is just as good as any other Rammstein albums, if not even better.

Obviously, I can't understand the lyrics, as they're German. I can understand some, but not all. One thing I do know is that they work. I've always been a fan of Till Lindemann's amazing vocals, and he sings even better in this latest album. He uses deep, booming, heavy vocals mixed with soft quiet singing, which really works. I would say that Till is one of the best singers I've ever heard, probably THE best.

Rammstein have always been one of my favourite bands, and the release of 'Reise Reise' has made me like them more. No other bands can compare to them, they are 100% unique, and amazingly good musicians and singers. I really couldn't pick out any favourite songs from the CD, as they're all equally great. Maybe one of the things I could do without are the female lyrics in 'Moskau'. To me, they sound too much like they shoudl be on the Eurovision Song Contest, and sure the concert is fun to watch, but you wouldn't exactly call it great music would you? If someone stole this or I lost it, I would buy it again. If I had no more money, I'd do whatever I could to get it back. Overall: I love this album, and this band.