Reise, Reise review by Rammstein

• Released: Sep 27, 2004
Rammstein: Reise, Reise

Reise, Reise is nothing short of an absolute masterpiece. Rammsteins sound has taken the next step UP the ladder. Incorporating new instruments, like the harmonica, and exploring new techniques and ways to go about things has added to the whole experience. The opening Reise, Reise has a melodic richness about it thats in a way saddening, yet empowering. Mein Teil, an instant classic, a Rammstein song that everyone will love. Dalai Lama is one of the Rammstein songs driven by Christoph on the drums. When the guitars come in here though, it has Rammstein written all over it. Unmistakable. Keine Lust is a song that has a more 'developed' sound to it but still is Rammstein. Los is so awesome that I have to listen to it at least twice in a row everytime I hear it. An acoustic guitar for Rammstein? Of course! Richard or Paul, who ever is the one playing it has taken a simple guitar riff and permanently etched it in my mind. Amerika is getting overplayed. It still is a totally kick ass song, but I've got to admit its one of my least favorite songs on the album. But to have such an awesome song as one of the least favorites only says that the album is great! Moskau, holy crap! What a song! The mix of German/Russian is perfect. The guitar is so so so 'love-hate'. It reminds me of hope in a communist Russia. This song is one of my favorites on the whole album! Moskau, raz dva tri! Morgenstern has a choir in it. A little bit risky, but the risk has paid off. This song is undoubtably good, but I caught myself thinking, I would have ended it here. Oh theres more, OK. It's kinda like that. Stein um Stein has confirmd for me that Till Lindemann is the best singer in the world. He sets the emotion for this song, and even though I can't completely understand the lyrics, I can tell what the point of the song is from Till's voice and the guitars, and Flake on keyboards. Ohne Dich is a soft song. It reminds me some what of Seemann, it has that rolling melody to it that makes you sit back and say 'Whoa!'. Plus, Olli backs Till saying 'Ohne Dich', his first time singing on a song. Amour, my favorite song on the whole album. Phenominal, this is the song that makes me appreciate the bands three year break. This song I can see being heard in movies all over, on commercials, all over the place. It is such a powerful song, it is just perfection!

The lyrics of course are in Deutsch, with some Russian, and some English. Till has proved his excellency at taking the responsibility at vocals and going beyond whats required. The lyrics are still of the Rammstein humor thats caused people to squirm. But without question, it adds that little punch to the perfect song and makes it unforgetable. I know how to play guitar, only because the guitar is such a big part of Rammstein songs. Now, I'm learning German, just because the lyrics are so powerful in a language I dont understand, I want to feel what its like to actually understand them. I can't imagine what it'd be like. The lyrics are still fitting in flawlessly with the other instruments. The Russian woman in Moskau is a little treat I want to thank Rammstein for. Lyrics: just perfect! Flawless! Awesome!

Reise, Reise is now my favorite album, knocking Mutter down to #2. It has been arranged so that it can be listened to over and over and over again, with out having to skip any songs, or without feeling let down. Every song has made me say this is so cool! The album is just perfect. I don't know how many times I can say this, but its just awesome. I definitly recommend it to everyone. This is the best album ever, not only for Rammstein, but for any band. Rammstein has again shown that they are musical geniuses. Just straight up perfect!