Reise, Reise review by Rammstein

• Released: Sep 27, 2004
Rammstein: Reise, Reise

This is a typical Rammstein album. Combining classic sounds with pulsing heavy guitar that rocks the foundations of your house. The guitar sound phenominal and, when combined with the drums, synthesised sounds and lryics it sounds pure awesome! The whole album combines guitar and synthesized sounds. Unlike other nu-metal bands, they use their nationality to make them unique. The heavy guitar, synthesized sounds and the mix between German and English makes them completely unique (to the best of my knowledge) in this genre.

I can't comment on 99% of the lyrics used by Rammstein because I cannot speak German. But the use of english in "Amerika" makes their lryics mostly unique. Not many bands can say that they sing in both English and in German, around 80% of "Amerika" is sung in german but the chorus, which is sung in english "We're all living in Amerika, Amerika is wunderbar..." makes them different. The notes and tones that lryics are sung in fit in with the heavy guitar that is used.

Compaired with other artists in this genre, e. g. Slipknot and Korn this album outclasses any albums that I have heard from ether of these bands. But however there are many awesome albums in this genre, like Toxicity, that are just as good as this album. And I'm sure that there are many better albums out there. In general, this album is a good as it is because of the use of language, guitar and synthersized sounds to make their songs. If I ever lost this album I would certinaly buy it again. I fully reccommend buying this albumand other Rammstein albums like "Mutter."