Reise, Reise review by Rammstein

• Released: Sep 27, 2004
Rammstein: Reise, Reise

First of all, this review is more than likely going to be quite biased, I love Rammstein. They are hands down my favorite band. That ou of the way, this album is arguably Rammstein's greatest achievment. If you look at their past album's (Herzeleid, Mutter, Sehnsucht) they have very heavy, industrial-ish sound. Reise, Reise is one step towards "maturity" for them, the music is more balanced, flows a lot better, and overall is the most powerful and inspiring. If you listen to the songs Reise, Reise; Los; and Amour, you'll know what I'm getting at. The only songs I don't love with all my heart are Morgenstern, Stein Um Stein, and Ohne Dich (however depending on my mood, they can be the best songs on the album). They might not be as heavy as past songs, but they certainly have more power. The sound of this album is more moving than any other by Rammstein.

First, many people choose not to listen to Rammstein simply because a majority of the songs are in German. This shouldn't be what is happening, Till's voice on this album is greatly improved from older albums. The transition from Herzeleid/Sehnsucht to Mutter is nothign compared to Mutter to Reise, Reise. Till enounciates much more clearly, and the way he rolls some words off his tongue during the songs is brutally amazing. The only thing I can say about the lyrics, is that the message in each song is so fun to figure out, translate the lyrics (there are sites that help) and interpret them to your own life, I find that every Rammstein song can be applied to real life in some way. Awesome.

This album, compared to all the other albums, is probably the best. Not even thinking about Rosenrot, this one takes the cake. Even if some days you can't listen to anything but old Rammstein songs, I always come back to Reise, Reise in the end. It is my alltime favorite Rammstein CD, and if you have never bought a Rammstein CD before, I recommend this CD, or Mutter. It gives a taste of every side of Rammstein, heavy, slow and soft, everything. Buy this CD. The most impressive song on this album, is definatly Reise, Reise. It start off slow and builds up to a magnificent ending. If someone stole this CD from me, I would buy it, and then go buy 20 more. It's that good. Don't beleive me? Go buy it yourself.

tbarrettl
    Compaired with other artists in this genre, e. g. Slipknot and Korn this album outclasses any albums that I have heard from ether of these bands. But however there are many awesome albums in this genre, like Toxicity, that are just as good as this album. And I'm sure that there are many better albums out there. In general, this album is a good as it is because of the use of language, guitar and synthersized sounds to make their songs. If I ever lost this album I would certinaly buy it again. I fully reccommend buying this albumand other Rammstein albums like "Mutter
    They are not Nu Metal b/c Industrial metal isn't a bad imitation of Rapcore.
    fireyqwerty
    It's not industrial metal either fool its TANZ-METAL!!!!!R+ forever and also, numetal is good and sounds nothing like that disgusting mutated antrax infested manatee of a "genre" rapcore
    Mainer
    I love Rammstein. When I first heard 'em, I didn't though. Thought the German lyrics were "dumb". Then I heard Engel, and Amour. And the slower, deeper lyrics, made me get their Live Aus Berlin album. Now I want their up-coming album.