Rosenrot review by Rammstein

• Released: Nov 17, 2005
Rammstein: Rosenrot

Rammstein follow up to 2004's Reise Reise with this monster of an album. This is certainly their most adventurous and experimental work so far, but Rammstein have declared themselves the biggest metal band in europe, if not the world, with this new album. Such simplicity and brilliance in metal has not been seen since System Of A Down's "Toxicity." Rammtein have gone from strength to strength, and this new offering shows that exactly. Every song here is epic, anthemic and impressively evil. So what if you cant understand what the singer is saying? It doesnt matter. Somehow, their riffs cut to the fore brilliantly, the bass is much more dominant than their other albums, and the drums are very well mixed, making Metallica's pathetic attempt of nu-metal, St. Anger, sound even worse. Ones to hear: Benzin, Mann Gagen Mann, Rosenrot, Zestoeren.

It's difficylt to review these, not knowing german, but I believe that Rammstein's language usage is excellent. It may make as much sense to me as nano-technology, but I'm sure theyre as good as they sound. Rosenrot is the standout song for its sheer guttaral mayhem. Need more? Check out soungs like Feuer & Wasser and Benzin, or the hilarious Ti Quero Puta! which is in spanish. Top knotch stuff!

Rammstein have defined metal for the 21st century again. Total Guitar have dismissed this work of musical art, saying that it is not as good as Reise Reise. In fact, after listening to Rosenrot, the former sounds almost weedy when you hear it. Rammstein have ditched the effects, and only put them in when theyre needed for this record. Their simple riffs shake off your eardrums, and you feel weak after listening, knowing that your ears have experienced something phenominal.

crimson_king
    i think rammstein are THE BEST band ever. every album they have released gets better and better i mean rosenrot proves it all. as a hardcore fan i must say i think this is the best rammstein album to date. their guitars and drums are louder heavier and more constructive than in the herzeleid days. the best track is zerstoren because the mood and lyrics of the song change at the end from a really angry mood to a beutiful almost haunting mood. my personal favorite track is mann gegen mann because the bass is simple yet fun to play and the song is just catchy and heavy and the lyrics are cool (a song about being gay who would have thought!!! lol). anyways im done here. peace out dudes.
    Josh Laiho
    i only have this one and reise,reise rammstein is great their music may be simple but it sounds awesome.
    mmanson
    sorry this is my comment above not my brother josh's i didnt know he was still logged in
    Crossfire19
    I think this album comes next to Reise, Reise. The wide contrast between the heavy destructive songs like Zerstoren and the very mellow yet powerful songs like Hilf Mir. At first I thought this album was more of an album for a depressed teenager (outside Te Quiero Puta) but then I read the lyrics and I fell in love with it. Songs like Rosenrot or Mann Gegen Mann stick in your head all day. And songs like Spring just depress you. Very full album. Great reviews. Cheers
    rammsteinrob
    Great album I agree It's similar to Reise,Reise for obvious reasons but who's saying that's bad? There's suppose to be a new album coming soon I think that's most likely going to be heavier because over the years I think Rammstein have gone more metal that industrial.I'm not saying that that's bad but it will be certaintly interesting. Check out Sehnsucht for people who've just found them, probably their greatest album ever.
    DarkValo666
    It's a good song, but I don't totally agree with the fact they use the word "Schwuler" which means faggot.
    Well, I think I'm going to rescue that song for you. "Schwuler" does not mean faggot, but is a neutral word for a male homosexual.