Volkerball [DVD] review by Rammstein

• Released: Nov 28, 2006
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Rammstein: Volkerball [DVD]

A small note: I bought the $130.00 Limited Edition (it's $170.00 now) of this, so my "content" section will list the LE things, if you don't buy the LE version, don't expect my "content" to match up. Well, this is Rammstein's second live DVD, third DVD release. It's a marvel of sorts. The sound is wonderful. It's not CD quality, but I don't think Rammstein goes for "studio quality" so much as they want to put on a good show for die hard fans. The sound quality is really good, though. During "Mein Teil" when Till takes the lid off the cauldron, you can hear it bouncing around on stage. A rather inane thing, yes, I know, but it's good quality.

Content — 10
Alright, this is where the DVD shines. The version I bought came with: two live CDs (21 live tracks), live DVD (10 performances in France, 3 in England, 3 in Japan, 4 in Russia), two documentaries (Anakonda I'm Netz and The Making of Reise, Reise), a 190 page tour photo book. I'll go piece by piece, if I can. The CDs are are amazing. They are the performance from Nimes, France on the DVD carried over to the CDs. So, if you ever want to act like Till Lindemann while you lip-sync with the CDs, now you have the choreography to go off of. The quality on the CD is really good, too. You can hear Till whispering at times, and you can almost envision what he is doing or how he is moving. The DVDs, like I said in the "Sound" section, are wonderful. The live DVD speaks for itself, so I'll talk about the documentaries. The first one, Anakonda I'm Netz, is a master piece. You really get a feel for each member's personality, what they like/dislike, how they are off stage, everything. Till, the front man, doesn't like being stared at, for instance. Ironic? The making of Reise, Reise, is also very good. But, after seeing Anakonda I'm Netz, I must prefer it over the making of Reise, Reise. The photo book is also another master-piece. 190 pages from the flight out, to the set up, to the show, to the tear down, to the flight home. I love it, you'll love it. Well, if you love Rammstein, that is.

Production Quality — 10
The quality of the concert is excellent. Rammstein uses more pyrotechnics than Live Aus Berlin, has a longer running time (between all the shows), and it's somehow just cooler. The video quality is, of course, professional. The camera angles are amazing as well. From behind the band, above, far out, close up, side, back stage, if it's a possible shot, it was shot.

If you own any piece of Rammstein paraphernalia, any at all. A CD, a DVD, a t*shirt, or a thought, buy this. This is their best release for live performance CDs and DVDs ever. If I ever lost this, I'd be pissed, it's a Limited Edition, so I can't replace it later down the road. But, really, buy this.

SOADRox
    They edited "Anakonda im netz" to "Anakonda I'm Netz" in my review...Not sure why.
    Spyder-F16
    The software changes the review to I'm instead of im since it is meant to correct english miskeys. Of course, the usage in this case is for german, but the computer doesn't notice.
    Saffron_Inferno
    aww man rammstein are without a doubt the best band to see live and i cant wait to get this dvd!!!!i luv em to death!