Volkerball [DVD] review by Rammstein

• Released: Nov 28, 2006
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 9
Rammstein: Volkerball [DVD]

What a great live DVD. Volkerball gave me something with which to really test my surround sound system with! The bass is pumping, the guitars are in your face, there's an relentless battery of drums, and Till's vocals are more than definitely befitting of the venue. As far as I can tell there's no story attached to the DVD, it's just a live recording of a concer, much similar to any other live DVD. Volkerball really does demonstrate the style of music that Rammstein has made popular, and in a sense, made their own. It's hard hitting, head banging metal (I think the correct term is 'tanz-metall' ('dance-metal') in German) at it's most raw.

Content — 9
Volkerball comes as a twin pack live DVD/CD set, with a full concert and a few excerpts from other shows featured on the DVD, and with a shortened set-list of the full concert featured on the CD. Personally, I'm more than satisfied with the set-list, it features pretty much all of Rammstein's hits, along with a few other, newer songs.

Production Quality — 9
The production quality of Vlkerball was nothing short of amazing. Visually it was, and still is, great fun to watch, and it's also great to listen to (although you wouldn't exactly sit and 'chill' to this kind of music). Pyrotechnics are in abundance! And Rammstein don't just use a lot of one thing, the use of them is quite varied, but I won't spoil it for people that haven't seen it. I'll just say that it is worth seeing.

This is certainly one of my more favourite live DVDs or CDs that I've bought recently. Words on a page can't express that enough. I'd have to say the most impressive feature on this DVD, apart from the packaging, would have to be fact that it is a combined DVD/CD set, which means you can play it at home on your DVD player or your CD player, and you can also take it in your car or on a trip with you and your discman (anyone remember them) and rock out. I can honestly say there's nothing about Volkerball I dislike, and I'd defintely replace it if I lost it. If you don't' have this already, I thoroughly recommend you get your hands on a copy if you're in to Rammstein, or even if you're not, this would be a great place to start.

yakreig
    i haved loved rammstein since i first herd them. (when they released sonne, lookin back on it ive loved them for over half my life. But this dvd is amazing. the best dvd ever!
    hairwaytosteven
    i love how they keep going back to the chick with the amazing tits. Los is the best. The extra long ending to stein um stein is sweet
    NebraskanMaggot
    I have this video, and it should be written Voelkerball because the umlaut spelled out would be oe. I love Stein Um Stein. It is my favorite song from Rammstein. I like when he sais 'Stein Um Stein', there is that little noise. Absolutely amazing. There is a lot to love about this movie. And yes, our favorite girl there. The big tit girl. Good times....
    koerok
    And yes, our favorite girl there. The big tit girl. Good times....
    Hahaha yhe big tit girl i allways say he same to my step dad really ****ing funny we are 2 rammstein lovers and i allways say the same