Volkerball [DVD] review by Rammstein

• Released: Nov 28, 2006
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 9
Rammstein: Volkerball [DVD]

Rammstein's music alone, is great. Rammstein's music live is bloody magnificient. Although the vocals aren't as great as the albums, but hey, it's live, of course it's not gonna be any good. A slight flaw, the guitars sounded a bit too loud which made it somewhat hard to hear. The other good thing I liked about the DVD was the stage effects. From flashy louds, to flaming pyro, it's got everything for your ears AND eyes.

Content — 9
This concert DVD also contains an Audio CD, and a bonus DVD with a making of Reise, Reise and some interviews. Some of the better tracks were left off the Audio CD, such as Stein um Stein, and the self-titled song, Rammstein. The live set was definitaley great, no worries about having a song in there you don't like. It also contains a few songs from shows in Russia, London, and Tokyo (I believe).

Production Quality — 9
Most of the band close-up's were filmed during a show in England and you can clearly tell by some of the camera cuts (I noticed little things that made this fairly obvious). The lighting, like I mentioned earlier is really good. It fits the music with the way it's shown.

This is probably the best live DVD I have ever seen. Then again, I have not seen much live DVD's but from what I have, this one takes the cake. I would definitaley buy this DVD again should anything happen to it. Overall, this is a good DVD and I would suggest you buy this, especially for you big Rammstein fans, if you don't have it just yet. Even for those who are looking for a good live show, this is the answer.

metalhead64
    RAMMSTEIN is THE best live act of recent years. Would love to see them in the UK again.
    the_messenger66
    hmm. I just bought the DVD for like $16.99. it's the one with only shows from four concerts, though... And with the Easter Egg thing on Reise Reise, that blackbox recording played automatically for me when I first started up the CD. YEah, it plays for like 30 seconds and them goes into the snare drum.
    TianFancyGuitar
    I own a copy of Volkerball. It has the Live DVD, Audio CD and another bonus DVD, I am damn proud I bought it.
    AdamOnDrums
    I have this one, and its one of the best live cd i've got. if you're in to industrial rock, don't miss this. by the way to all people who owns Riese Riese, theres a pretty strange easter-egg on the cd. when playing the first track, rewind until your down to -30 seconds (yes this is possible) then you will hear the records from a blackbox in a japanesse airplane, which is about to crash. it's pretty icky :s lot of you probably allready knew this , but to you who dont, try it out.