Volkerball [DVD] Review

artist: Rammstein date: 06/02/2008 category: compact discs
Rammstein: Volkerball [DVD]
Release Date: November 28, 2006
This DVD is breathtaking performance by the "Gods Of German Hard Rock," and is a must buy for any Rammstein fan or any other hard rock/metal fan.
 Content: 9.5
 Production Quality: 9.5
 9.1
 9.6
 8.5
 1,445
Volkerball [DVD] Reviewed by: NebraskanMaggot, on november 05, 2007

Sound: Rammstein is my favorite band. I have had this DVD since it came out in Europe. I would've had to wait eight months for it to be release in the US, so I just ordered it. The sound is incredible. I mean, you can hear it when Till spits. You can hear everything! Absolutely amazing. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall impression? Man, I'm telling you, it is my prized possession. Does it compare to other artists' DVDs? No. The others compare to this one. I love absolutely everything about it. I don't hate it, but I hate that I wasn't 'allowed' to get the limited edition. If it were stolen, which I know is a possibility because all my friends want it, I would hunt them down. Would I buy another? No, you know why? Because I would kill whoever took it and steal it back. Nobody touches my DVD. // 10

Volkerball [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 02, 2008

Sound: Rammstein's music alone, is great. Rammstein's music live is bloody magnificient. Although the vocals aren't as great as the albums, but hey, it's live, of course it's not gonna be any good. A slight flaw, the guitars sounded a bit too loud which made it somewhat hard to hear. The other good thing I liked about the DVD was the stage effects. From flashy louds, to flaming pyro, it's got everything for your ears AND eyes. // 8

Overall Impression: This is probably the best live DVD I have ever seen. Then again, I have not seen much live DVD's but from what I have, this one takes the cake. I would definitaley buy this DVD again should anything happen to it. Overall, this is a good DVD and I would suggest you buy this, especially for you big Rammstein fans, if you don't have it just yet. Even for those who are looking for a good live show, this is the answer. // 10

Volkerball [DVD] Reviewed by: SOADRox, on december 25, 2006

Sound: A small note: I bought the $130.00 Limited Edition (it's $170.00 now) of this, so my "content" section will list the LE things, if you don't buy the LE version, don't expect my "content" to match up. Well, this is Rammstein's second live DVD, third DVD release. It's a marvel of sorts. The sound is wonderful. It's not CD quality, but I don't think Rammstein goes for "studio quality" so much as they want to put on a good show for die hard fans. The sound quality is really good, though. During "Mein Teil" when Till takes the lid off the cauldron, you can hear it bouncing around on stage. A rather inane thing, yes, I know, but it's good quality. // 10

Overall Impression: If you own any piece of Rammstein paraphernalia, any at all. A CD, a DVD, a t*shirt, or a thought, buy this. This is their best release for live performance CDs and DVDs ever. If I ever lost this, I'd be pissed, it's a Limited Edition, so I can't replace it later down the road. But, really, buy this. // 10

Volkerball [DVD] Reviewed by: Uber-rocker, on june 13, 2007

Sound: What a great live DVD. Volkerball gave me something with which to really test my surround sound system with! The bass is pumping, the guitars are in your face, there's an relentless battery of drums, and Till's vocals are more than definitely befitting of the venue. As far as I can tell there's no story attached to the DVD, it's just a live recording of a concer, much similar to any other live DVD. Volkerball really does demonstrate the style of music that Rammstein has made popular, and in a sense, made their own. It's hard hitting, head banging metal (I think the correct term is 'tanz-metall' ('dance-metal') in German) at it's most raw. // 10

Overall Impression: This is certainly one of my more favourite live DVDs or CDs that I've bought recently. Words on a page can't express that enough. I'd have to say the most impressive feature on this DVD, apart from the packaging, would have to be fact that it is a combined DVD/CD set, which means you can play it at home on your DVD player or your CD player, and you can also take it in your car or on a trip with you and your discman (anyone remember them) and rock out. I can honestly say there's nothing about Volkerball I dislike, and I'd defintely replace it if I lost it. If you don't' have this already, I thoroughly recommend you get your hands on a copy if you're in to Rammstein, or even if you're not, this would be a great place to start. // 9

Comments