End Of The Century [DVD] Review

artist: Ramones date: 08/14/2006 category: compact discs
Ramones: End Of The Century [DVD]
Released: March 15, 2005
Tracing the history of the band, from its unlikely origins through its star-crossed career, bitter demise and the sad fates of Joey and Dee Dee, End of the Century is a vibrant, candid document of one of the most influential groups in the history of rock.
 Content: 4
 Production Quality: 9
 8.5
 8.1
 8.9
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
End Of The Century [DVD] Reviewed by: pyroguitarist7, on april 05, 2005

Sound: It's some of the best music from the best band of the mid-late '70s to ninteys. The Ramones are one of my top 5 favorite bands, and End Of The Century made me like them even more than I did before. // 10

Overall Impression: If you are a big punk rock fan I would definently reccomed this to you, or if the bands you like that were influnced by The Ramones. This is the best documentary of a band I have seen borowed or rented and I have seen many. If someone stole this DVD I would kick their ass to get it back, but if I lost it I would tear apart my whole house to find it or buy it again. // 10

End Of The Century [DVD] Reviewed by: 138HellHound, on august 14, 2006

Sound: I think that the Ramones sound is a very unique and that there isn't any other band that sounds like them. End of the Century is a great Biography of the Ramones it starts at the biginning and keeps going till the end. I had a personal feel to the album that made it seem different then those TV bio's on much more music. It was done from the bands point of view not from the media or the fans. The name End of the Century was taken from there 6ths album. // 9

Overall Impression: I havn't seen any other ramones DVDs so I can't compair it to any other ones. I the thought the most impressive thing on this DVD was when Marky Ramone showed how fast we could play the drums. The Extras were my favorite part of the DVD. I love how it was done, but I hate how they skip little things sometimes. If I lost I might even buy it agian. // 9

Comments