Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits review by Ramones

• Released: Oct 15, 2002
Ramones: Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits

I'm not into most punk, but I like some classic punk such as the Ramones. Now, to me, even though the Ramones are the most untalented bands ever, they are sometimes pretty cool to listen to. No solos, just short rhythms, but some of the riffs were pretty good. Still, some songs lasted 3 minutes, some 2, and some more than a minute! The number of tracks is 30. The guitarist didn't even know how to play guitar good enough when the Ramones started out, that's what I heard.

Some of the lyrics can be very funny! Examples are "The KKK Took My Baby Away", "Somebody Put Something In My Drink". I thought the final track "The Crusher"'s lyrics were pretty gay, but I remember liking the music for it. Some great tracks are "Blitzkrieg Bop", "Rockaway Beach", and "Do You Remember Rock 'N' Roll Radio?" Some songs can sound too much like other songs in the album, though. I'm not about to list and review all those 30 tracks! The singer is all right. At least he isn't all whiny and political and bash President Bush for no reason or anything. When he sung in "The Crusher", it was pretty gay, but I liked it when he sung in "Blitzkrieg Bop". (Rob Zombie did a cover on it and I heard it sucked!)

This is an ok CD to listen to when you're in the mood for it. But after all, this is just another compliation of the Ramones' work. There could be better ones. Recommended tracks are the ones I said are good on the lyrics part of the review. I still haven't heard too much of the Ramones nor got into it good enough, but I'm sure a lot of people would like it.