Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits review by Ramones

• Released: Oct 15, 2002
Ramones: Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits

This is my first Ramones album, and boy was I pleased. Johnny Ramone takes everything about power chords and makes it amazing. I hope Blink never makes another album and puts the dead to shame. This is true punk rock. Until Nirvana, power chords and distortion never sounded so good. The discription is in the name, Raw. Songs may sound similar, Johnny may be a one trick pony, but what a pony.

Okay, this is wher the album lags slightly. Joey is an okay singer, but some of the songs sound like they don't have a topic. Half the time they're singing about dope, though none of them did it. Other times, they have some hidden meaning, but all are catchy.

The Ramones are a rock classic. Though I've heard there's better greatest hits, I'm impressed. Best songs (this is long), Blitzkrieg Bop, Beat On The Brat, Judy Is A Punk, Pinhead (my favorite), We're A Happy Family, Do You Remember Rock And Roll Radio, Rock And Roll High School, I Wanna Be Sedated, Teenage Lobotomy, The KKK Took My Baby Away and I Wanna Live. A truly great album.