Raw [DVD] review by Ramones

• Released: Sep 28, 2004
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Ramones: Raw [DVD]

The live concert parts in Ramones Raw are really great(if you're a true Ramones fan), one of my favorites is when the Ramones play Take It As It Comes, it's a truely wonderful performance, by the whole band. The sound of it at times on a few of the songs are harder to hear, but you'll still find yourself singing along with it.

Content — 10
The whole DVD is just wonderful! I mean, it feels like you're one of the Ramones (if you have a dorky and or weird sence of humor you'll adore it) You'll feel like are these guys really rock stars? Where's the glamor and fame? It'll also make you luv the Ramones even more if it's possible. It does have some live footage in it a whole concert worth, but it is mainly their homevideos that gives you a real feeling of who each of the Ramones really are. It has some hidden easter eggs in it that r hard to find, but worth looking around for.

Production Quality — 10
The movie in some parts is cheesy, but it's Ramones home videos that Marky Ramone (the Ramones 2nd drummer after Tommy and then 5th drummer after Richie and a short lived Clem/Elvis Ramone) has made over the years, but that's what makes it even greater. One thing about the production quality that I really liked was the case that it comes in. It's actually very nice for a 20 dollar DVD.

I've been a die-heart Ramones fan for about 6 years now(they're all I listen to and I've heard & seen almost all to do with the Ramones), and this is by far one of my all time favorite things. I've made my whole family watch it, friends, and my boyfriend, they all love it, and it's made them love the Ramones. It is by far one of the coolest music videos you can buy. It has everything you could imagine in it and more. It'll make you laugh, it'll make you cry (you'll miss Joey, Dee Dee, and Johnny), and most of all it'll make you luv the Ramones just a little bit more. If anything happened to this movie, I'd freak out and run and buy it again. They're is honestly nothin' in it that I hate, besides that I wished it would never end!

pinheadslts75
    This is like a halfway point between It's Alive 1974-1996 and End of The Century . However, I like it because it's got charm and humor, a live concert that can't be found anywhere else, and it shows the Ramones in their element instead of a slightly Joey and Johnny biased documentary like End of The Century