Rocket to Russia review by Ramones

• Released: Nov 4, 1977
Ramones: Rocket to Russia

"Rocket To Russia" is the Ramones' second album, and definitely one of their best. In my opinion, it's punk rock at its finest. This album includes classics like "Rockaway Beach," "Cretin Hop," "Sheena Is A Punk Rocker" and more. The trademark roaring guitar, fast drumbeats, and complimentary bass lines are all jammed into 2-minute punk anthems. Though it is exciting, this album can get a little boring if you listen to it constantly. Though this is true, this album does not take two or three listens to enjoy. You are immediately hooked after the first song.

The lyrics in this album are that same classic Ramones sound. Probably the simplest lyrics you could ever imagine, but still great. I don't think its gets much simpler than the lyrics in "I Don't Care." And who can forget that unique voice of Joey Ramone? Hey, he may not be the most exciting, but he can deliver his lyrics effectively. Whenever I pop "Rocket To Russia" in my stereo, I feel the need to shout or sing along with the lyrics.

If you are a fan of classic punk rock, this is right on the money. This album was worth whatever I spent on it, no question. When I bought the CD, it also came with five bonus tracks, which just added to the thrill of the album. The worst thing about this album, in my opinion, was having to spend money on it! If you are a Ramones fan, or just enjoy punk rock in general, this album is a must have.

Ramones Nutter
    "Rocket To Russia" is the Ramones' second album
    Its their third album. Leave Home was their second. Otherwise, great review for a great album
    havana_Affair19
    i just bought this album. i think leave home and Ramones are better. it is still an amazing album though