Rocket to Russia review by Ramones

• Released: Nov 4, 1977
Ramones: Rocket to Russia

The sound on this album, similar to the first Ramones album is almost completely power chords. The bass plays the root note of the power chords as the Ramones did on previous albums. On this album they seemed to be experementing more with what they can do, rather than just playing the same power chord progression 100 times, but it still has the distinct sound that the ramones have.

Lyrics have never really been a strong point for the Ramones (or any other punk band for that matter), but while the lyrics are simple they somehow don't suck. Joey Ramone is one of the most skilled punk singers out there but it is still punk, and punk musicians aren't very skilled.

This is in my opinion the best Ramones album ever. It is definitly in the top 5 of all albums ever made. Some of my favorite songs from this album are "I don't Care", "Sheena Is A Punk Rocker", and "We're A happy Family". I like this whole album. My only complaint was "Here Today Gone Tomorrow", which was an alright song musically, but being by the Ramones and being on this album, it made them seem like they were trying to be something that they weren't. If this album were stolen I would definitely by another one. And if I found the guy who took it I would beat the living crap out of him.

fendercobain87
    the best punk album ever written johnny ramone's guitar work was phenominal and their other album were also very well written but this is thie best.