...And Out Come The Wolves review by Rancid

• Released: Aug 22, 1995
Rancid: ...And Out Come The Wolves

Rancid has been around for a few years, so they know what punk is. Grinding through chords, alchohol abuse, and some of the best music around, Rancid can only be enjoyed by people with taste. Through the slow decline of punk, Rancid opens it up again to many who have looked long and hard for good music. Rancid is one of the best in the punk revolution.

Even though Tim Armstrong's voice is a bit raspy, it is easy to understand and adds more meaning to the songs. Lars Frederiksen sings in a clear voice which only complements the band. Along with the occasional vocals of Matt Freeman, the bassist, all three vocalists pull together to make a great song, well, a great CD. Rancid brings good meaning to their songs and not just random words used to rhyme.

Completely different from other bands, it is my favorite band. It has songs that get stuck in your head, and yet you have no intention to get it out. Probably Ruby Soho, Roots Radicals, Daly City Train, and Journey to the End of the East Bay (great bass intro) are the best songs from this album if I had to pick favorites, but there are no songs I dislike. There is nothing I would change. I have had this CD for almost a year now, and I still listen to it almost every day. I have it saved on my computer and I have an extra copy in case it was stolen or lost. This is an excellent CD and I am glad to have it.