...And Out Come The Wolves review by Rancid

• Released: Aug 22, 1995
Rancid: ...And Out Come The Wolves

The sound on this cd is great, unlike their old stuff by Operation Ivy and such, you can hear very clearly what their singing and what their singing about. Sometimes the distortion is up to high but other then that everythings fine, this cd is basically Punk tinged with ska. Listen to Matt "McCall" Freeman's bass solo and you'll know why he was voted best punk basist of the year This is definetly one of their best. Congrats Tim.

I was so moved by what they were sinnging about in this album I often got shivvers down my spine. Tims slurred vocals and Lars' awesome voice, combine together and the sound has never been better. I loved " Journey To The End Of The East Bay" the entire song being dedicated to memory of Operation Ivy, with lyrics such as "started in 87 ended in 89 got a garage or an amp we'll play anytime" etc.

Lets start by saying if someone stole this cd off me I would track them down and get it back. Rancid are one of the only punk bands that have stayed true even though punks not as "popular" as it used to be. Highlights of the album include Maxwell Murder, The 11th Hour, Roots Radical, Time Bomb, Ruby Soho, The Way I Feel. If you like Rancid, Punk, Ska or anything like that you will buy this CD (and don't download it 'cause the album cover is awesome).

turbopunk2000
    You should check dropkick murphys and against me. Theyre kind of like Rancid, just with a twist.