Indestructable review by Rancid

• Released: Aug 19, 2003
Rancid: Indestructable

This sound is softer than Rancid's other stuff but still oh-so sweet. They seem to have added alot more smooth ska to a punk sound making many songs an easy listen for everyone. Then there are other songs like the title track, "Sprit Of '87" and "Django" than have that edgier, Rancid-ish (new word) sound. I can't condenm this sound because it shows that Rancid can write awesome undground punk style songs on their other albums and then radio friendly pop-punk on the fliped side. They truly are just a bunch of extreamly talented guys who love playing high energy music.

There really arn't any innovations lyric wise on this album because Rancid has alway written good lyrics. Although they do brush on some new topics on "Fall Back Down" which is about Tim Armstrongs divorce from Brody Dale (The Distillers)and "Tropical London" also has to do with Brody. And "Otherside" which is about Lars Fredriksen's brother's death. "Spirt Of '87" reminds me alot of "Journy To The End" and yet not quite. They manage to make song that are about relitivly the same thing sound like two different subjects. Alot of people don't like Tim's voice but I really love his east bay axcent. Lars vocals give it an edgy sound also. Plus they trade off vocal parts so effortlessly you'd think it was the same guy singing.

This album is well worth the money. Buy it people! Rancid shows how much of a virity they have in their music. If it was lost or stolen I would most diffently buy it again.