Indestructable review by Rancid

• Released: Aug 19, 2003
Rancid: Indestructable

This CD has changed Rancid's sound once again from the previous albums Rancid and Lets Go. Indestructible resembles And Out Come The Wolves in terms of sound, and is poppier than other albums. I dont believe that it was their intention to create a more mainstream sound. Although some songs in the album have much more strength and anger compared to other albums. Tims guitar has a great sound and the solo in David Courtney is great.

Rancid once again delivers great lyrics, and this time the lyrics talk more about their childhood, and go deeper than most other albums. Also, the lyrics in some songs have been heavily inspired by hip hop or rap, seen in the song "Memphis".

This album is in my opinion one of Rancid's best, but it still does not compare to And Out Come The Wolves. I think that has been incredibly underrated, probably partly because of the mainstream success of Fall Back Down. One of the standout tracks on this cd would be Otherside. It is a tribute to Lars' brother Robert, and the conflicting voices of Lars and Tim make this one of the best songs on the cd. Another great song on the cd is Memphis, it is very catchy and has one of the best chorus' written. The best song on this album though, would have to be Red Hot Moon. About a smart girl that didn't have anywhere to belong, this is an amazing song.

jonkv
    This album takes just about all the styles they have ever done and samples a bit of them . They have some hard punk , some soft punk , some pop punk songs , and a ska song . Its not my faviorite album but it's still rancid.