Indestructable review by Rancid

• Released: Aug 19, 2003
Rancid: Indestructable

This album is amazing. Rancid is my favorite band. So I'm naturally going to have something good to say about it. The Style is completly unique! And the driving bass lines of Matt Freeman stand strong, and are up to par with the rest of their albums. The Tracks such as Born Frustrated, and David Courtney prove the bass skill of Matt. The Guitar is flat out crunchy, and goes great with the albums messages and stories. The drums, Brett Reed, no longer with the band unfortunatly, are still good as ever, as proven on their other albums, Brett doesn't show to much flash with his kit, although he is extreamly skilled in the art of drumming. The snare sound he uses is completly amazing, with a tight thump on the bass drum. The drums are a big part of Rancids sound. With The Exellent Guitar riffs, amazing bass lines, and kick ass drum kicks, this albums sound is over the top incredible.

The lyrics are heartfelt, and deep. The track Otherside, is about Lars' brother Robert dying, and about how much they all loved him, and how much he loved Rancid. The lyric sheet is extreamly good, while in some messy handwriting, each song has the meaning and inspiration written above it. The lyrics hype me up, and get me ready to tear down the walls, hit the party, or just chill out in my room with my head phones on, thinking about stuff. This album is good for just about any mood. it's a "Sit down, and listen to it all the way through" album. If you want to pick up a Rancid album, and never heard them before, pick this one up first, and give it try.

This album is one of the best I've listened to, while the main-stream audience may not enjoy the raw, thriving spirit of punk music, it's deffinetly an album to go down in history. (like toothpaste) But anyway, the only flaw with this album, is the close mindedness of most music listeners. They say, "The singer sucks" but, it's not about huge voice sounds, or holding a note for 30 seconds, it's what the singer is saying, and I love what Tim is sayin! What I love about this album is the diversity of the songs, and sounds. The songs take ska, reggae, and punk, and through em in a blender, and pour em out in one big smoothie that's easy listening. If this album was lost, or stolen from me, I would go out and buy another one. it's like losing your Bible! The most impressive songs on the album would probably be "Fall back Down", "Otherside", and "Start Now". Fall back Down is about how Lars', Matt, and Brett stood by Tim when his girl left him in the middle of the recording of the album. Otherside is about Lars' dead brother, Robert, and other side is about working stuff out, or as they say, "A passive look at things." This album, is a masterpiece, and I hope to see many more like them in the future.

TSF_Dalton
    Oops, on my review I meant to say that Start Now is about a passive look at things, my bad!
    AllMidnightEyes
    roxypunkrocker7
    Okay, first off if you are NOT a musician or band SIGNED with a record label, then you shouldn't really down other people's music. It's hard to put a REALLY awesome album together, it takes a lot of hard work, late nights and complete devotion and dedication to write and compose a good record. I mean, yeah RANCID's earlier album's were better, BUT, not every band is going to produce an A+ album. Be kind! Rock out! =)
    FearOfTheDuck
    AllMidnightEyes wrote: A lot of Rancid fans see this album as them trying to go mainstream. I disagree, I don't think a band ever "intends" to go mainstream. It just happens. Plus, they only had one single that charted so Rancid didn't go mainstream with this album. This is a great album, it's kind of a hit or miss album though. Alot of songs are great and a few are just plain bad.
    Had Kelly Osbourne and that guy from Good Charlotte in the fall back down video. So its debateable.