Rancid review by Rancid

• Released: May 10, 1993
Rancid: Rancid

If I am not mistaken this is Rancid's first album. Before they were blessed with Lars Frederickson and before they were cursed by the new pop/punk sounds they were forced to resort to. No that is not harsh, this is Rancid's if not best then one of the best albums. 1993, with songs like Adina, Rats in the hallway and rejected... it makes you scream, it makes you sing, it makes you cry and it makes you go aw. The sound couldn't be better, Tim Armsttong headban banging his guitar, but it is the bass lines and hooks that really get you, Matt Freeman is a genious, his basslines flawless, his backing vocals average, but thats what they have Tim for.

The lyrics are masterpeices. Listen to them in "Adina", "Rats In The Hallway" and "Holiday Sunrise" and you'll understand where I coming from. I think (personally) it's because rancid were so fresh back then, they had a clear mind full of ideas, and eyes that had seen alot. They know what theyre talking about in this album, it shines through them.

This and "let's go" blew me out of my mind. Simply perfection, what more can I say? If you want to try some songs the most immpressive are Holiday Sunrise, Another Night, Rejected, Hyena well they're all good. The only thing I can hate about it just might be the vocals, not the strongest in the world but nothing to complain about really. Everything about this album is perfect, flawless. Delivered with speed and at least we know that back then punk wasnt fully dead. Yes, I would miss this album alot if it were to get stolen, I would buy 2 copies and hide one under my bed incase the bastard who stole it came back.